CNC Machinist - (Job 2277)
Compressor Products International (CPI) designs, manufactures and markets precision-engineered sealing components for reciprocating compressors used in chemical plants, refineries and natural gas processing and transportation facilities.
General Summary and Basic Functions
• Starts and operates CNC Machines.
• Adjusts offsets and makes minor program edits and corrections.
• Sharpens and sets tools. • Reads and works from prints, process sheets, written, and verbal instructions to tolerances of .0005”.
• Uses Gauges, calipers, micrometers to measure work.
• Works with all metallic and non metallic materials.
• Works with minimum supervision.
• Must have demonstrated good job performance and good attitude.
• Must be a team player
General Requirements Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to sometimes sit; use hands to handle or feel equipment or generate/prepare reports, reach with hands and arms to install equipment, and talk or hear to communicate with internal and external customers as well as management and other fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch in order to install and/or diagnose customer or company equipment and/or tooling. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus in order to read product results and generate customer/management reporting as requirement as well as communication documentation as needed. Most remain alert at all times.
Must possess the ability to read, interpret system reports and/or documents, safety procedures and guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, operating procedure manuals and blueprints. Must be able to follow routine procedure.
Must posses the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; and an ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to use complex equipment requiring continuous attention. Must be able to make minor decisions.documentation as needed.
• High School Degree or GED.
• Two to five years experience.
• Must have experience setting up and using the Mazak machine while using the Fusion 640 T Nexus controls.
• Experience using any g-code and/or macro experience is valuable to this position.
• We have a comprehensive benefit package
CPI is located Houston, Texas
How to Apply
Please E-mail your resume to email@example.com.
Note: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Compressor Products International, a division of EnPro Industries, offers a competitive salary and benefits package. EOE