2410 Director Sales LAM
Posted on Wednesday 20-March-13
General Summary and Basic Functions
Nature and Scope: To provide leadership for regional sales managers and associated sales teams within Latin American territories and ensuring profitable growth within the refinery & petrochemical market segment. Primary scope will involve working with and travel primarily with end users and companies with field service contracts/networks.
• Define and drive segment strategy and execution.
o Create and inspire a shared vision of success.
o Drive specific valve proposition.
o Provide accurate sales forecasting and budgeting information for regional segment.
o Provide regular updates on market trend, market conditions, competition and pricing.
• Development of team and people.
o Provide formal and informal coaching and mentoring.
o Develop and provide training tools and methodologies.
o Create and execute against individual development plans.
• Leverage suite of commercial excellence tools.
o Customer relationship management.
o Develop, review, and execute key account plans (KAP’s)
o Define and communicate value proposition.
o Assess and increase value-add time of team.
o Leverage Enpro’s / CPI’s pricing tools.
• Optimize revenue / price / profit
o Establish targets and execution plans for each regional market.
o Communicate strategy and execution plans across functional support teams.
• Ensure highest level of customer service
o Align systems and people to ensure highest level of customer service.
• Lead through unleashing the full potential of human possibility through empowerment and autonomy
o Model the way, encourage the heart, enable others to acts and inspire a shared vision.
Ideal candidate will possess at least 5 - 10 years of qualified outside sales experience within the oil and gas industry. Experience within the Reciprocating Compressor industry is highly preferred. Must be proficient with manufacturing processes, engineering practices within the compression industry, and base knowledge of product applications and pressure thresholds. Must possess the ability to read, interpret system reports and/or documents, safety procedures and guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, operating procedure manuals and blueprints. Legal ability to travel and work within Latin American territories.
• Bachelors degree within Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration or Industrial Engineering or equivalent degree is preferred.
• Demonstrated results in driving results and building teams.
• Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and leadership style.
• 5 years of successful sales/product leadership.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Engineering / Business degree.
• Continuous learner.
• Ability to create sense of urgency and bring accountability.
• Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
• Ideal candidate must be familiar with MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Power Point. Familiarity with ERP operating system.
• Ideally will have broad experience in the oil and gas industry.
• Must have proficient experience with Value Added Sales techniques.
• Knowledge of reciprocating compression industry with an emphasis of experience of dealing with key OEM’s.
• Must possess firm understanding of Latin American Territory compressor operations.
• Experience with providing salary and market analytical data/reports on areas of potential growth as well as the competition’s footprint of surrounding territories under this roles scope of responsibility.
• Bi-lingual capabilities preferably with Spanish and Portuguese languages (ability to read, write, and speak conversationally).
Position LocationStafford (Houston area), Texas
How to Apply
Please E-mail your resume to email@example.com.
Note: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. CPI is an EEO employer.