Hi-Flo™ DP Valve (D Profile Valves)
CPI's Hi-Flo™ compressor valves are reliable in the oil, gas, petrochemical and air separation industries globally. The CPI Hi-Flo™ DP valve is capable of operating across a wide range of parameters, including discharge temperatures in excess of 200°C/390°F and pressures in excess of 400 bar/6000psi. CPI 'D' profile valves are also suitable for sour gas applications.
Each valve is individually designed to match the compressor operating conditions for the application. To achieve this, close cooperation with the operator or compressor manufacturer is involved, including a full review of operating and dimensional data to ensure complete interchangeability with existing valves.
Radiused thermoplastic discs and seating surfaces result in an aerodynamic flow patterns and lower pressure drop. Thermoplastic materials vary depending on gas and application.
Secondary guidance prevents excessive lateral disc movement.
Specially color coded springs are fitted for reliability and performance continuity.
All 'D' profile valves are fitted with round section buttons to guide the springs and minimize secondary damage to the disc surface.
The standard seat and guard material is ductile iron. More corrosive applications may require alternative materials for the given gas analysis.
Play Hi-Flo™ DP Valve Animation
The unique radiused profile of the valve discs, which control and seal the process gas as it flows into and from the compressor cylinder, provides a number of important characteristics.
Effective Sealing and Efficient Flow
With radiused discs and matching radii on the seat, discs and seats become self-aligning ensuring good conformability throughout the variation of operating temperatures. Effective sealing between disc and seat is continually maintained resulting in efficient flow.
Hi-Flo™ DP Valve Features
- Reliable performance in the most demanding operating conditions
- Provides increased operational efficiency and reduced power consumption
- Offers improved flow and reduced pressure drop and back flow
- Easily maintained and reconditioned
- Nose diameter – 2.375 in/60 mm and up
- Capable of operating across a wide range of parameters, including:
- temperatures up to 390°F/200°C
- pressures up to 6000 psi/400 bar
- Delivers self-aligning performance with good conformability and effective sealing throughout changing temperatures during operating cycles
- Custom spring design for each application to optimize opening and closing time
- Available with finger and plug-type unloaders
- Suitable for:
- both lubricated and non-lubricated compressors
- sour gas applications
- compressor speed up to 1800 RPM
Sour Gas Applications
All materials of the seat, guard, springs and other internal components are heat treated within the hardness ranges specified by NACE, as the most desirable to resist sulphide stress cracking in H2S - rich gases. This is made possible due to the low impact loads and wear imparted by the thermoplastic discs, in contrast to metal-plate valves, many of which use hardened plates and seats for wear resistance.